Assisting youth in transitioning from high school to adult life is a core service provided by OSCIL, including next steps such as going to college or finding employment.
To help open the door and provide the necessary independent living skills and real life experience for 11th and 12th grade students, as well as recent graduates, who face physical access barriers, to help them enter the post high school world successfully.
Youth Transition Services Offered
- Independent Living Skills Workshops
- Peer support and advocacy
- Job Readiness Training/Organizing your day
- Job Skills/Shadowing/Mock Interviews
- Transportation (public and private)
- Finding accessible housing
- College visits
- Community outings
- Financial management skills
- Self-advocacy/social skills
- Managing benefits and working
We encourage all who are interested or have questions to please contact Josh Conti, Youth Transition Coordinator at OSCIL at 401-738-1013 x. 61, or email [email protected].