OSCIL CARES - Technology Assistance Program
Are you feeling isolated or disconnected since the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic? Are you a Rhode Island resident and have a disability?
Ocean State Center for Independent Living (OSCIL) may be able to provide you with the technology and training you need to connect to activities such as telehealth, online purchase and delivery of groceries and health/medical supplies. Also to connect to friends and family via email, texting and social media and be able to access information online that will help you in your daily life.
Here are some examples of devices and training (based on the individual’s interest & technology needs):
· Apple iPad
· Apple iPhone
· Android Phone
· Laptop & Desktop computers
· Apps for smart phones and tablets
· Smart home technology such as Alexis
· WIFI Hot Spots and data plans
Who is eligible?
· Rhode Island Residents with a disability.
· Must attest to financial hardship due to COVID-19
· Undergo assessment by OSCIL Staff and be approved.
How to get started:
· Call us at 401-738-1013 or
· Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
· By Video Phone: 401-244-7792
and mention that you are interested in learning more about OSCIL’s Technology and Training program.
This program is made possible by Federal funding from the CARES Act.