Are you feeling isolated or disconnected since the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic? Are you a Rhode Island resident and have a disability?
Ocean State Center for Independent Living (OSCIL) may be able to provide you with the technology and training you need in order to:
- participate in telehealth appointment
- order groceries and other products online and have them delivered to your home
- order health/medical supplies and have them delivered to your home
- connect to friends and family via email, texting and social media
- access information online that will help you in your daily life
What types of technology can OSCIL help me get and/or learn to use?
Based on the individual’s interest & technology needs, OSCIL can help with:
- Apple iPad
- Apple iPhone
- Android Phone
- Laptop & Desktop computers
- Apps for smart phones and tablets
- Smart home technology such as Alexa
- WIFI Hot Spots and data plans
Who is eligible?
To participate in OSCIL Cares, you must:
- be a Rhode Island resident
- have a disability
- be experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
How to get started:
- Contact OSCIL.
- call us at 401-738-1013
- send an email to [email protected]
- make a video call to 401-244-7792
- Mention that you are interested in learning more about OSCIL’s Technology and Training program.
- Undergo an assessment by OSCIL staff and be approved for the program.
This program is made possible by federal funding from the CARES Act.