The Gift of Hearing Program provides affordable hearing aids for those who qualify.
Contact OSCIL at 738-1013 to see if you are eligible, then follow these steps:
1. Make an appointment with your doctor to get your ears checked.
· Get a copy of the report for your records. Your hearing test MUST be current within a year.
· Meet with an Independent Living Coordinator at OSCIL
· Fill out an application and Financial Needs Determination form (Provide documentation).
2. Make an appointment with your primary care doctor or ENT.
Have your doctor fill out the pre-evaluation form. Please send a copy of pre-evaluation to OSCIL. Keep this form and your hearing test for your appointment with URI.
3. Once you have been approved, you will receive a package with a Letter of Introduction” from OSCIL notifying URI that you are eligible to participate in the Gift of Hearing program.
4. Call URI Speech & Hearing Center at 401-874-5969 to make an appointment. Explain that you have received a “Letter of Introduction.”
5. Take the following to your appointment at URI:
· Letter of Introduction
· Pre-evaluation form
· Hearing Test
6. At URI you will be tested (if required). The tester will be a student supervised by a Licensed Audiologist. You will be fitted with an ear mold. The hearing aid will then be ordered.
*Remember - The hearing aids in this program are basic technology.
7. When the hearing aid arrives: Return to URI for your final fitting and purchase.
· Hearing aids cost $600 per ear
· For those who qualify, OSCIL can pay for hearing aids.
· Hearing aids come with a limited warranty.
· Payment is due at the time of this appointment.
· There are no payment plans at this time.